This past Sunday we discussed the power we have as Christians through God’s grace and the putting on of the armor of god.
What are the biggest hinderances to Biblical Christianity today?
1. Jesus is reduced to a moral code.
– This has been produced in American religion with the goal to make good people who do good things in a
2. Jesus is “an example” instead of the way we should live.
3. Christianity is void of revelation.
– The grace of God is taught without the power of God being received.
In Ephesians we learned that there is a progression of grace.
– Grace given results in salvation.
– Grace received results in transformation
– Grace applied produces warriors for the kingdom.
If a man receives the transforming power and grace of God, he is immensely better but also equipped to obey God i the final task that grace performed..
Opening Scripture Read Ephesians 6:10-12.
The key to avoiding failure in the church today is to realize the times that are upon us.
– Persecution is here, now!
– The saints are worn out before the battle has begun.
– All around us persecution is bubbling up.
2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh,
This is a battle between the remnants of Satan and his kingdom and the church.
Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
Here Paul’s instructions to the 1st century church applies to the church today.
Put on Christ!
Romans 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.
– Put on sobriety for drunkenness.
– Put on morality for immorality.
– Put generosity on for greediness.
Ephesians 4:24 And put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.
If you don’t put on Christ, you are unarmed.
Adam was created this way. Genesis 3:10 He said, “I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.”
– Adam exchanged the armor of God for leaf armor.
The biggest hindrances to the gospel are speculations about God.
2 Corinthians 10:5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
– Put on Christ!
– Be captured by Him!
– Receive the glory of heaven in exchange for the dross of this world!
– What does it look like to put on the armor of Christ?
– What keeps you from being a warrior?